- Maintain a world-class nanopositioning instrument testing lab to support the APS Upgrade project and APS x-ray beamline operations and research.
- Provide customized nanopositioning stages designed to enable XSD scientist’s state-of –the-art technologies that expand the impact of x-ray measurement techniques.
- Provide leading-edge structural dynamics analysis based on experimental results in the nanometer scale, in support of APS x-ray beamline operations and the Upgrade project.
- Pursue novel nanopositioning design, prototyping, and testing for the DOE Hard X-Ray Free-Electron Laser Oscillators project.
- Pursue national and international collaborations in the nanopositioning research and development through Argonne Strategic Partnership Projects.