Advanced Photon Source

An Office of Science National User Facility

APS-UES Meeting Minutes - 07/18/2016

Attendees: Bruce Glagola, Nena Moonier, Bruno Fieramosca, Wendy VanWingeren, Dean Wyncott, Shane Flood, and Patti Pedergnana

Bruce Glagola

  • Today is Mechanical Monday, Bruno will attend 431, Shane 433, and Dean 438.
  • Bruce reminded the group to carefully read Work Requests and CCWPs when they are submitted to us.  Wendy discussed changing all PSS Work Requests to note RSS Component to assure a CCWP is generated.  The group decided to use the yellow tag overlay on the RSS tag when there is work on an RSS component remaining in the station.  If the RSS component is coming out of the station, the red RSS tag should be removed.

Patti Pedergnana

  • BioCARS was denied funding by NIH.  They are looking at options to continue their beamline work.

Dean Wyncott

  • Dean has Routine Radiation Surveys this week.  13-BM and 13-ID will be surveyed at one time on Wednesday. 9-BM will be surveyed on Thursday.
  • The laser work is ongoing at 35-ID.  Shamrock is installing panels at 35-ID too.
  • 12-ID will take pink beam tomorrow.  There are a number of type C surveys needed for prior welding work.  The spots to be surveyed are noted on an Administrative Restriction in the end cabinet.

Shane Flood      

  • Sector 22 is moving a chain fall from 22-BM-A to 22-ID-D.  The chain fall will have to be locked out until Bruno can schedule Dennis to come in and certify it.  John Busch is the FMS structural engineer working on the project.  There may be a new bridge added to the station too.  Ductwork will have to be revised.

Wendy VanWingeren

  • Ken Kemner starts radioactive samples at 10-ID-B on Thursday.
  • LANL (Nenad, Z) will start running radioactive samples at 16-BM-D on Friday.

Nena Moonier

  • Lee Makowski is running a BSL-2 brain samples experiment at 2-ID-E and which later moves to 23-ID.

Bruno Fieramosca

  • Julie Cross put the BCRRT Method into writing.  Bruno distributed the Method to the group.
  • 18-ID-D has a water leak.  Rich Heurich fixed the solenoid this morning.
  • Kemtah is the company that deals with any Wifi issues at the APS Guesthouse.  Bruno will share this contact information with the group.
  • Andrew Camphouse will collect all hard drives to be sanitized.  His contact information is 2-3373.