Advanced Photon Source

An Office of Science National User Facility

APS-UES Meeting Minutes - 11/14/2016

Attendees: Bruce Glagola, Clay White, Bruno Fieramosca, Wendy VanWingeren, Dean Wyncott, and Patti Pedergnana

Guests: Julie Cross, Jeff Toeller, Darius Jarosz, Steve Davey

Julie Cross

  • The Floor Coordinators need to identify a point-of-contact for all beamline liquid nitrogen systems.  A sketch of LN2 distribution will need to be provided by these contacts.  Geoff Pile and Leonard Morrison will identify a mechanical contact to provide solutions for any problems with the LN2 system.  Julie is going to task Joanne Stubbs with bringing forth the LN2 system issues at the TWG meetings.  Bruno added that there is a list of all calibrated ODH monitors at the APS.  Bruno will send the ICMS link for this document to Julie.  Nena will send Julie a list of the LN2 system managers.  Julie will send a notice to all APS residents so they are aware that the group will request information on the LNDS.

Darius Jarosz and Jeff Toeller

  • Darius has programmed a new Component Database to replace the old Beamline Component Database.  Darius would like the UES group to start using the database soon and let him know of programming changes needed.  Darius presented the group the new system.

Bruce Glagola

  • Bruce asked for someone to go through the BCD to check for components that are the same but with different names.  Patti volunteered to do this work.

Patti Pedergnana

  • 13-ID-D needs HP type C survey in white beam tomorrow.
  • XSD-IXN’s Three-Year Safety Review is Tuesday at 10 a.m.

Dean Wyncott

  • Dean is going to check with DCS-CAT on the schedule of the installation of the shielded box, BCRRT, and Shielding Verification.
  • Dean is making a drawing for a LN2 deck on the top of the 33-ID-A station for Zhan Zhang.

Wendy VanWingeren

  • There are two radioactive sample experiments starting at 16-ID-B and –D first thing tomorrow morning.  There are also radioactive samples starting at 6-ID-D and –C tomorrow.  There may also be booster studies in the afternoon.  Clay is going to help Wendy with the on-duty FC phone during these set ups.

Bruno Fieramosca

  • Bruno would like our group to promote our residents and users to use the online FC request versus the paging system.